\”You\’re in the army now\”
Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by his vast strength. Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this darkness, against evil, spiritual forces in the heavens. For this reason take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having prepared everything, to take your stand. Stand, therefore, with truth like a belt around your waist, righteousness like armor on your chest, and your feet sandaled with readiness for the gospel of peace. In every situation take up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit—which is the word of God. Pray at all times in the Spirit with every prayer and request, and stay alert with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints. Pray also for me, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel. For this I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I might be bold enough to speak about it as I should.
- All food is inherently good. It\’s what\’s been done to the food that\’s bad.
- Our guts used to be full of intestinal bacteria that munched on fiber and kept everything in our bodies balanced. Now, that food has been stripped of its fiber and those bacteria get so hungry that they eat the barrier off our intestinal walls.
- If you buy your organic, all natural, GMO-free tortilla chips at Whole Foods, you\’re still starving your gut — you\’re just paying more for the privilege.
- Sugar is addictive and keeps us coming back for more.
- The U.S. is #1 in morbidity, mortality, and expense.
- In life expectancy, the U.S. ranks only 28th among the most developed countries in the world.
- Obesity is just another symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.
- There is a clear relationship between sugar, obesity, and diabetes.
- The number of calories you eat versus how many you metabolize are completely disparate.
- Pills, no matter how many and how good, don\’t cure the chronic disease — they just treat the symptoms. Real food is the treatment, while bad food is the poison.
- Nutrition is the most important factor influencing people\’s life span and health span.
- Protein quality is as important as protein quantity.
- Any food is dessert if any form of sugar is one of the first three ingredients.
- What can you do today? You have the vote — instead of a ballot box, you have your fork.(Dave wrote) Oh, one more takeaway from Robert Lustig\’s excellent book Metabolical. Part 1 is perhaps the best section of the book. It\’s called \”Debunking \’Modern Medicine\’.\” Here he describes what doctors were taught about nutrition in medical school and how they need to \”unlearn\” most of it. Writing about \”The Clinician\’s Conundrum,\” he says:The first thing we\’ve learned over the last forty years is that doctors are parochial. We only get information from other doctors ….He adds:The second thing we\’ve learned is that doctors are sheep, meaning doctors follow the lead of other doctors.Finally:The third thing we\’ve learned is that most of us doctors don\’t listen to our patients.
The blurb, from the book\’s website says:
Dr. Robert Lustig, a pediatric neuroendocrinologist who has long been on the cutting edge of medicine and science, challenges our current healthcare paradigm which has gone off the rails under the influence of Big Food, Big Pharma, and Big Government.